Opening Intex 15' x33" for the first time this season

Hello, I just opened my intex pool last night. Municipal water was delivered late evening. I will be hooking up the SWG this afternoon. What steps should i take to insure clean water? Do I add chlorine today to help the SWG catch up? Nothing has been done to the water since it was delivered last night. Thank you so much for your time.

If my signature doesn't show up I apologize...

Dana
Intex 15'x33" prism Frame/ about 3000 Gallons
Intex 1500 GPH Sand Filter pump and SW w/E.C.O
On a well
TF-100 Test kit

Dana, if this was a 100% refill, you'll need the following:
- Let salt mix in the water for 24 hrs before starting the SWG
- Get a sock soaking with stabilizer for your desired goal; salt pool should be a CYA minimum of 70. You can go a little lower at first if you wish. Always easier to add CYA than remove it.
- For today, increase the FC with chlorine (bleach) to about 2-3 ppm. Go slowly and watch the water for changes. Even though you had water delivered, you never know for sure where they got it or if it's iron-free.
- Tomorrow, after the salt dissolved for 24 hrs, activate the SWG and balance it as noted on the FC/CYA Levels.
- Keep chlorine/bleach available as you watch to ensure the SWG is able to maintain the desired FC range each day.
- Adjust your pH to the mid-7 range; normally we say keep it from going over 7.8, but if there is any residual iron from the delivery water, keep the pH below 7.5.
- TA is often times high in your area, so let us know if you have problems with that. Not a priority right now though.

That should get you going. Let us know if you have any other questions. Enjoy. :swim:

Yep, what Pat said. I use liquid chlorine to get my FC to the right level, then let my SWG maintain from there.

Reactions: GagglePlusOne
Dana, if this was a 100% refill, you'll need the following:
- Let salt mix in the water for 24 hrs before starting the SWG
- Get a sock soaking with stabilizer for your desired goal; salt pool should be a CYA minimum of 70. You can go a little lower at first if you wish. Always easier to add CYA than remove it.
- For today, increase the FC with chlorine (bleach) to about 2-3 ppm. Go slowly and watch the water for changes. Even though you had water delivered, you never know for sure where they got it or if it's iron-free.
- Tomorrow, after the salt dissolved for 24 hrs, activate the SWG and balance it as noted on the FC/CYA Levels.
- Keep chlorine/bleach available as you watch to ensure the SWG is able to maintain the desired FC range each day.
- Adjust your pH to the mid-7 range; normally we say keep it from going over 7.8, but if there is any residual iron from the delivery water, keep the pH below 7.5.
- TA is often times high in your area, so let us know if you have problems with that. Not a priority right now though.

That should get you going. Let us know if you have any other questions. Enjoy. :swim:
Thank you so much!!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.