Opening HELP!

Lindseyc123

Sep 11, 2019
MA
Hi there!

So opening pool and pump doesn’t seem to hold water in the basket area. I have felt returns and although weak there is water. I can feel some suction in filter basket but weak. I’m trying to attach video. Could it just be gaskets? DE filter doesn’t seem to close to valve completely. Is that my issue? Thoughts? What am I doing wrong?? 🤔🥹

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    478.2 KB · Views: 7
No water in the pump basket is a sign of a suction side leak if all the suction lines have no restrictions such as a valve or plug somewhere. The lid gasket and pump pot drain plug gasket would the first place of suspect. did you fill the pump basket with water from the get go? Be sure the weir door isn't hanging up and not allowing the skimmer basket to fill with water.

No water in the pump basket is a sign of a suction side leak if all the suction lines have no restrictions such as a valve or plug somewhere. The lid gasket and pump pot drain plug gasket would the first place of suspect. did you fill the pump basket with water from the get go? Be sure the weir door isn't hanging up and not allowing the skimmer basket to fill with water.
I’ll check gaskets and add lube in hopes that is the problem. I’ll check the skimmer door too. Maybe I should drain level down? It’s a bit high right now.

I’ll check gaskets and add lube in hopes that is the problem. I’ll check the skimmer door too. Maybe I should drain level down? It’s a bit high right now.
There are likely the pump cover gasket and two drains. All three should be lubricated. Remove the 0-rings, get all sand/debris off the o-rings before lubing. Check all the o-rings for cracks. If any cracks, replace. Use a silicone lubricant (Magic Lube II) not a PTFE based lube.

The water level should be 50% up the skimmer openings. If higher, then drain. Make sure the weir doors move freely.

There are likely the pump cover gasket and two drains. All three should be lubricated. Remove the 0-rings, get all sand/debris off the o-rings before lubing. Check all the o-rings for cracks. If any cracks, replace. Use a silicone lubricant (Magic Lube II) not a PTFE based lube.

The water level should be 50% up the skimmer openings. If higher, then drain. Make sure the weir doors move freely.
Suction/filling pump basket wouldn’t be from the DE filter right? I did not Ostend one of the caps on the return had fallen out over the winter. Could I have u serve puns pipes that cracked??? Draining wanted now and will see if it helps. I see a good amount of flow into the pump it just won’t fill up completely?

So I lubricated and brought water level down. If I take the pump cover off the basket fills all the way. I replace and seal to then turn on and water won’t stay. I hear the water entering into the return lines which isn’t normal. Sounds to me like air. I did notice the top of my filter that had an air release is different this year. Usually I release the air to keep it prime and close it. This time if it’s open. Water ends up flowing out then when I close it I can still hear some air. Thoughts?

Suction/filling pump basket wouldn’t be from the DE filter right? I did not Ostend one of the caps on the return had fallen out over the winter. Could I have u serve puns pipes that cracked??? Draining wanted now and will see if it helps. I see a good amount of flow into the pump it just won’t fill up completely?
I took some photos and posted below for your thoughts. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.