opening and bird poop

Maybe your tarp should be green in color, like grass?
I was wondering the same thing. We have gray and they find it if there's any amount of water in it.

My "experiment" is not working either. I tried putting the leaf net up to see if they would avoid the pool. but they seem to still see the water and drop poop where they sit on the rail. Its not as bad as before and I haven't seen big sacs. At least they can't swim in the cover and turn it into the usual "roman bath".
DSCN0030.JPG DSCN0032.JPG DSCN0033 2mp.JPG
Cleaning the net on our pool will not be easy. So much for my experiment. Back to the drawing board. In the past couple years, we started scrubbing and rinsing the cover before we removed it off the pool. It was so much easier since we have very little area on the ground to lay out the cover, scrub and not kill what little grass we have.
What it does is make clean up a breeze and it keeps my safety cover clean. A quick wipe with a towel wet with Chlorox clean-up and it comes right off, no scrubbing required. That surely was not the case when it hit the pool deck, diving board or my pavers last year!
That is definitely a big WIN! :whoot:

It's disappointing, thinking swimming might not happen till June. :neutral:

Last edited:
It's a bummer the leaf net didn't work as more of a deterrent. It's like, once they've decided that's where they like dropping them, there is no changing their mind!

We were really hoping to get a black tarp, but we could only find a couple in that color in the XL size we wanted and they were really expensive. We decided to just go with the much cheaper blue. I don't think having a green one would have made a difference as they got our green safety cover pretty good on Saturday until we were able to get the poly tarp down. I also find the sacs things in the grass in our side yard, which isn't near the pool, so I think our property in general is just too close to their nesting area and will always be a target.

I am going to be hopeful that this fecal sac season will be short and that the worst of it will taper off by Memorial Day, but we'll see. Maybe if it's down to under 5 or 6 per day, I'll suck it up and deal with it so we can get open earlier but I'm not holding my breath. Until the worst is over, we wait...and watch in horror! :LOL:

Reactions: mariane
Can you lay the net cover on the driveway? To clean it, I mean??
Yeah, we've done it that way in the past but the driveway is not very wide either, only 12 ft, and the cover and net are both 24 ft wide. Dragging it thru the gate to get to the driveway is a pain.
The white house in the background of my profile pic belongs to our neighbor and the white garage in the background of my post is the other neighbor. It's a 65 foot wide lot, and we are so close together we feel like sardines sometimes. LOL

It's a bummer the leaf net didn't work as more of a deterrent. It's like, once they've decided that's where they like dropping them, there is no changing their mind!
I'm afraid that is the truth.
I am going to be hopeful that this fecal sac season will be short and that the worst of it will taper off by Memorial Day, but we'll see. Maybe if it's down to under 5 or 6 per day, I'll suck it up and deal with it so we can get open earlier but I'm not holding my breath. Until the worst is over, we wait...and watch in horror! :LOL:
Yep! In full agreement with ya.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.