Opened to a mess...……….thanks to TFP - this website...…...I'm back to sparkling clear water!!!!

Easy

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
May 15, 2015
Howard, OH
Hello TFP. I just want to say thank you for this website. It has been an indispensable part of my pool regimen since I've discovered it. My early years of pool ownership were full of frustration and $$$$$'s wasted to the local pool "experts". After finding this site, I've followed it and kept my pool sparkling clean with simple, straight -forward advice that has saved me money. You guys have helped me in the past when I've posted and I wanted to share what happened this year upon opening.

Last five+ years I've closed per your recommendation and opened with no problem. Always opened to crystal clear water. This year I opened to a green swamp. (see pics). I knew exactly what I did wrong. I cheaped out and tried to reuse my winter cover for a third year in a row. It had become compromised from overuse and leaked the top stagnant water below. Won't do that again. So, I had my first SLAM experience! Followed the sites instructions to a "T" and now have sparkling clear water again.

Thank you so much for this site!!!!

Easy

Attachments

• Opened to a green swamp.jpg
    Opened to a green swamp.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 33
  • After a couple days of SLAM.jpg
    After a couple days of SLAM.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 36
  • The final result.....sweet!.jpg
    The final result.....sweet!.jpg
    744.3 KB · Views: 35
OK, have to self correct the last answer. Two days to get to the cloudy blue stage. Then about 3-4 days to get to where the water was "clear". Certainly, swimmable and fine as it passed the combined chlorine test and overnight chorine loss test, but the last pic (of the crystal clear water) was taken 2 weeks after initial problem and the pump/filter running 24/7 for two weeks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.