Only Want to Automate the Valve Acuators

geekgranny

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 20, 2009
North Central Texas
I've been considering which way to go and asking some questions here and there. I have no water features but I have the Pentair Intelliflo VF. Have I mentioned, lately, how much I love the VF? :lol:

With this scenario I'm hoping the Pentair Sun Touch would be all that I need.

I'm having my dedicated pressure return switched to a dedicated suction for the Pool Cleaner, when my "Favorite Most Trusted" pool guy can work me in. So....... With the VF I can set the flow to up once or twice a day, with the Pool Cleaner, virtually always attached to the suction port and not need any automation for pump function and timer.

What I basically need is an actuator to restrict down, a bit, the bottom drain and open the suction port up full. So that's two functions, only. It would also, be nice to have it control the pool light but not absolutely necessary. Right now I'm just doing it manually, using the skimmer for the cleaner, and going down under the deck to change the pump speed and restrict the main drain a bit. Then after its finished go back down turn pump back to regular filter cycles, open the bottom drain all the way, and unhook the cleaner from the skimmer. Then, of course, put the skimmer basket, with sock, back in skimmer, and fish the wireless thermometer from the pool and back into the skimmer.

I wasn't able to run the cleaner today, would really like to run it now, but it's getting dark and I really hate going under the deck at night because of potential encounters with our resident snakes at night. In addition, every time I go under the deck, day or night, I have to get sprayed up with bug repellent because of mosquitoes. So I'm not really being lazy.

I still have the Intermatic Timer box (two mechanical timers-220 volt) up near the house. One is now only used as main power to the pump. The other used to control the Polaris booster which I'm taking out of system. So I have the "power box". The separate 120 volt light switch and GFI are right next to the Intermatic timer box.

Thanks, gg=alice

JasonLion said:
Yes, a SunTouch will be able to do that. It will take a little fiddling to get the actuators to put the valves just where you want them, but that only needs to be done once.

Great. Thanks, Jason. In the previous post I was making it too complicated by trying to involve controlling the pump too. I really don't need that. All that would be nice but I have other things to be fixed that need monies directed towards them. Like, part of my retaining wall, at, end of pool, collapsed. The pool is well supported by other means but the deck is going to shift and crack some more if I don't get it fixed soon.

Will the Sun Touch also control the light?

gg=alice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.