Only Alpha Pool System with Eco-Finish AquaBright

usfbull

Gold Supporter
May 11, 2020
Tampa FL
Surface
Plaster
Not much info when I do a search on here except one older thread.

I asked one of the PB's I'm getting quotes from for a smoother interrior fininsh and he mentioned Aquabright Eco-Finish.

Today he said they are doing Alpha Pool Systems with the Ec0-Finish since it is smoother, etc

I was curious if some people might be familiar with this build process and thoughts in comparison to gunite/shotcrete builds?

Here is some of the info the sales guy sent me:

The Eco-Finish interior I am pricing out and will have by the end of the week. We are only doing Eco-Finish on the "Only Alpha Pool System" pools right now and I have to have them price out the pool for me as they are custom made to specs. Here is the link for them if you'd like to check them out. ALPHA EVOLUTION
This system is much better for the Eco-Finish since it is a Composite pool system and is already manufactured smooth to take the Eco-Finish. The concrete shells need more prep to take the Eco-Finish since it melts to the contours of whatever applied to. Up until now, they have been putting an interior in first, then applying Eco-Finish over that, this means cost for 2 interiors. We are working on having a finisher that will smooth the concrete interior to avoid this extra cost and have been working with Eco-Finish to perfect this process. We find it's less work and less cost for the customer at this time to offer Eco-Finish with the Only Alpha Pool System since they've been working with Eco-Finish from the beginning and designed their pools with that in mind. There is another benefit to the Only Alpha Pool System also... build time is drastically reduced. We have built those pools in less than a month, from layout to filling with water. Let me know what your thoughts are on this.

Reactions: VegasOas-us
It’s essentially a hybrid pool - fiberglass walls and a concrete bottom. These types of pools were very popular to build in the 1980’s but fell out of fashion and there are very few pool builders nowadays that build them or understand how to fix them. Search for “hybrid pools” online and on TFP and you can get a better feel for what they’re like.

My worry would be longevity - if the pool lasts for 40 or 50 years (or even half that) is this builder still going to be around to repair it??

Reactions: usfbull
Thanks @JoyfulNoise

According to the one thread I could find on here regarding Alpha Pools it is not FG walls but some sort of composite. Looks like @swimcmp has installed them. Maybe they can chime in?

Reactions: VegasOas-us
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.