One intake weaker than the other

justdahl81

May 15, 2020
Chesapeake, VA
I have 2 intake and 2 returns for my pool. One intake(filter basket) has much less flow that the other. Just bought the house in November so this is the first time we are opening it up. Neighbor said he doesn’t think the pool has been opened for 3-4 years. I turned the valve that controls the intakes to all positions. Doesn’t seam to matter if I select only the weaker intake. The flow doesn’t change. Thinking maybe it’s clogged up? Any way to put pressure through it to clear the line? Any suggestions are welcome.

My parents pool (IG gunnite, 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 5 returns) was the same way. The skimmer farthest from the pump was always weaker than the one closest to the pump, there wasn't much of a change when valves were moved and with their set up, they could not completely turn off one of the skimmers. It still skimmed the pool just fine.

My parents pool (IG gunnite, 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 5 returns) was the same way. The skimmer farthest from the pump was always weaker than the one closest to the pump, there wasn't much of a change when valves were moved and with their set up, they could not completely turn off one of the skimmers. It still skimmed the pool just fine.

thanks for the reply. Like I said, first time opening the pool. Seems to skim ok. Wasn’t sure if this was something I needed to worry about. Still figuring this whole thing out.

Reactions: gonfishin
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.