Gold Supporter
Jul 26, 2022
Montgomery, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Our high temperature here in the Houston area will be 84F today. Pollen season seems to have kicked off yesterday. Below is a picture of one of the skimmer baskets and the yellow water in my skimmer after 1 day. Maybe the hair nets in the skimmers and my large 520 filter will reduce the number of times I need to clean the filter.

I skimmed off the pollen floating on the top with my ProTuff fine mesh net and the water in the pool is thankfully still crystal clear. I threw away the net my PB gave me last year. It would not have done a very good job on the pollen.

1709051075401.jpeg

Reactions: pjt and newdude
If spring crud is falling, be on the lookout for the daily FC loss to spike too. Pollen/Crud does little to a properly sanitized pool. #teamrunhot.

terminator-thumbs-up.gif

Hairnets are a godsend during March here. How often are you cleaning your filter?
I have not cleaned my filter since the beginning of Fall. I am going to clean it later this week and use how much pollen is in it, along with the pressure change, as a guage to determine when I might need to clean it again.

If spring crud is falling, be on the lookout for the daily FC loss to spike too. Pollen/Crud does little to a properly sanitized pool. #teamrunhot.

View attachment 555748
I am definitely a member of #teamrunhot. I think it will help a lot with the rapid increase in temperature combined with a lack of clouds that come with a Texas Spring.

Reactions: newdude
I have not cleaned my filter since the beginning of Fall. I am going to clean it later this week and use how much pollen is in it, along with the pressure change, as a guage to determine when I might need to clean it again.
Do you get a lot of debris? We have the same filter, and I clean once a year. I could go 18 months if I pushed it.

Reactions: newdude
Do you get a lot of debris? We have the same filter, and I clean once a year. I could go 18 months if I pushed it.
I get a fair amount of debris in my pool. My yard has a lot of trees on all 3 sides of my backyard. We intentionally keep it raw with thick brush to act as a privacy shield. There are quite a number of pine and other trees that are 50'+. I live less than 10 miles from a 163K acre national forest that is dominated by towering pine trees.

My pool has been filled for about a year. I cleaned the filter a couple months after I thought the construction and plaster dust had settled and been filtered. I cleaned it again in August when the pressure rose.

Last edited:
Reactions: pjt
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.