OmniLogic owners inside please......latest firmware (R3.1.0)???

Jul 23, 2017
Brazil/Indiana
Couple of questions for you owners running an OmniLogic. I received an email I think last week stating new firmware was released for Omni products. The firmware on their website was released on 5/20/2019 for MSP (Main System Processor). I followed the directions to upload the file into my Omnilogic. It took about 20 mins in total to get the file downloaded and uploaded to the main control. The main display seems to be much better in navigating to options after the update but there's a couple of questions that I still have.

The email mentioned the the following....

NEW OMNI UPDATES.
The latest Omni Firmware (R3.1.0) delivers new capabilities and improvements, including major network connectivity improvements, OmniDirect Mode for new ColorLogic® LED lights, and expanded control capabilities for the OmniHub™ line of products.

Contact your local pool professional to get the latest today.
OmniDirect Mode allows for:
• Instant color/light show selection
• 10 additional colors - a total of 20 colors and 120 light show possibilities
• Dimming capabilities and light show speed adjustment
• Check with pool professional for compatibility.
Theme Countdown Timers:
Set a default countdown timer for new or existing themes! You'll have peace of mind that when you're done enjoying preferred activities that your Omni system will return to its default settings.

I went through both the main display buttons and through my omnilogic app for the phone and still have not seen anything relating or available with the OmniDirect which allows more/additonal light shows and colors.

Has anyone else been through this recent upgrade? Am I missing something. I called Hayward this morning and the rep I was talking with had no idea what I was talking about and "escalated" it to higher personnel. I expect no call back from them as their customer service is horrible.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the new light shows require the newest version of Color Logic lights AND I think they must be the 12V, not the 120V 4.0 version. You may ask these specific questions to the Hayward help line.

I am curious about this as well. I am in the process of getting my pool built and the electricians were here today to install ColorLogic 320 12V standalone lights (LACUS11100). I asked to make sure they were the OmniDirect Mode lights, but the electrical contractor had no idea and the outside labels of the boxes did not indicate anything and I have no idea how to tell from the serial number.
I called Hayward support, and the agent I spoke with had never even heard of OmniDirect Mode, but after doing a search did see it mentioned in one place. She said she would have to open a ticket with a technical support agent. I'm also asking my pool installation company to follow-up, as I had requested the ColorLogic OmniDirect Mode lights.

As dumb as it sounds, the easiest way to tell if they're the new lights.............the label on the box (part number, description, etc) either has blue text, instead of black or has a blue outline surrounding the label itself. This is what my Hayward rep told me, so take that with a grain of salt.

As dumb as it sounds, the easiest way to tell if they're the new lights.............the label on the box (part number, description, etc) either has blue text, instead of black or has a blue outline surrounding the label itself. This is what my Hayward rep told me, so take that with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the info. I remember my pool company also mentioning something about a color or a colored sticker to indicate the ColorLogic light is the new OmniDirect model when I requested OmniDirect lights. However, when I spoke with the pool company today, the pool company has contacted Hayward and was told my boxes were mislabeled (as they only have all black text on label and no color anywhere on the box or label) but that Hayward said they were the new OmniDirect ones. Keeping my fingers crossed that they are indeed the OmniDirect ones.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.