Silver Supporter
Oct 1, 2020
Stillwater, MN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I bought a house built in 1974 with a 6K gallon indoor pool. I want to get the TA under control, but the return jets are so old I can't budge them to point them up. I don't want to break them - had to replace the vacuum head because the plastic wheels were breaking up and I'm afraid the return jets will do the same. Any suggestions?

I bought a house built in 1974 with a 6K gallon indoor pool. I want to get the TA under control, but the return jets are so old I can't budge them to point them up. I don't want to break them - had to replace the vacuum head because the plastic wheels were breaking up and I'm afraid the return jets will do the same. Any suggestions?

My old return nozzles were also frozen, and even plastered over a bit. I had to get a big monkey wrench on them but they did finally turn. Replacements aren’t very expensive. Mine have a cap on the end that holds the rotating ball that aims the water and then a second portion that threads into the pool wall. That one has a couple notches inside it that fit a tool (I assume) that inserts inside to help remove it. I used a scrap piece of metal bar stock I had to remove them even this year since I replaced them last year.

Reactions: Brian Helme
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.