Mar 23, 2022
Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello All,

I am new to the site. I am a fairly new retiree and have relocated to the Houston area from Southern California where we owned a pool. We did not have many problems with the pool except a couple of times with the heater. We lived in that house 11 years and used it sporadically. I personally did not want another pool, but my wife wanted one. We have an 8 year old and she feels that the pool and jacuzzi will be used a lot more. I disagree but what the heck. So we are now building a pool here in Houston. I cannot believe how expensive a pool can be. I did a lot of reading about how to keep the costs low, but since my wife wanted to have all of these bells and whistles it has become quite expensive. The real cost has been the decking area. The pool will be 15 x 37.5. However, we have a slope and a retaining wall to contend with so apparently that is adding to the cost too. Anyhow, we start excavation on Friday. I am hoping that as this building process goes on and after the pool is built, I will have this site as a resource for my future pool years. :)

Hey Carlos and Welcome !!!!

Post up a build thread in the 'under construction' sub forum. Look at any of the others for an idea. We got folks to help at every stage of the process and the more eyes you have on your project, the better it will be. We'll all come for the pictures and help while we're there. Everybody wins. :)