Okie Pool

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Donnie, I'm experimenting with restricting picture sizes so people don't have to scroll across the page to view. I'll post something in the rules for furture reference, but if you don't mind, try submitting again and make sure the dimensions of the picture are 800x600 or less.

Thanks,
Sean

DONNIE

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 28, 2007
OKLAHOMA
Thanks Sean! And another thanks for putting it in the slide show. Took a plunge a few minutes ago. 73 degrees aint enough but sure felt good after yard work!

Donnie

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
We decided to heat the pool this weekend - 89° :grin:. The highs now are 80+ and the lows are only in the mid 60's, so I think we'll be able to just run the heater a little bit each day and start the swimming season!

DONNIE

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 28, 2007
OKLAHOMA
We are having similar weather with a little lower lows. Our problem is the wind. 20 to 30 mph. The evap and motion makes it hard to heat. I raised it from 71 to 76 in one hour yesterday evening. I gave up after that.

michiele

LifeTime Supporter
May 18, 2007
Broken Arrow, OK
decking?

Hi Donnie. Where are you in Oklahoma? I am in Broken Arrow, near Tulsa. Anyway, I have a question about the concrete/decking around your pool. What materials did you use for the deck next to the pool? Does your back yard slope down from the pool or did you lay the decking on the ground? I know that seems like a silly question, but we have 25 year old pool (just bought the house) and want to expand the concrete on the back side of the pool. Right now, it just has a 4 foot walkway around it. But seeing your picture, I wonder if we should just add some decking materials there instead. Thanks.