# of Floaters

joemkraus

Bronze Supporter
Sep 23, 2019
Saratoga, CA
going away for a week so going to use pucks and floaters. I have used them in the past and they do not seem to keep up very well with the FC demand so I use two of them, even then it is kind of marginal. So I wondered if there is a formula or suggestions for how many floaters are needed for my pool (22K gallons). I know there are a lot of variables (temp, sunlight, how much fill up the floaters etc), but just wondering if there is a rule of thumb.

Thanks
Joe

The only thing I can suggest is you use PoolMath and the section called "Effects of Adding Chemicals" and see how many pucks would about equal your FC need, and remember that they're also going to up your CYA.

Will you be leaving the pump running? Any chance or risk of the floater getting stuck against a wall? I would tie them to an "X" of pool noodles so that their would be no chance of sitting on your plaster and marking it.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.