Odd creatures in my pool. Insect larvae?

johncunningham

Bronze Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
boston
All

i wasn't sure if this is the right place to post, so please move if needed.

Long story as short as possible. I have been away from my pool for vacation. The salt water generator was running while I was away.

On June 28th, the pool was crystal clear. Business as usual. But I was away until July 2nd. At that point, water was clear and the pH was 7.6. FC 8.0 CC zero. Unfortunately there were 2 dead chipmunks in the skimmer. After brushing and running our Polaris I left again.

Today, July 7th, the pool is till clear. pH 7.8 FC 10 CC zero, but there are hundreds, possibly thousands of these creatures. They appear to be dead and sink to the bottom. Almost forgot, CYA 60. Salt 3200. CH 275. Let me have your thoughts. I am currently running my Polaris with the fine mesh bag, and put hairnets away n the skimmers.
Thanks in advance.
JC
imagejpeg
imagejpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5086.jpg
    IMG_5086.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Looks like maggots from the chipmunks to me. Either way, really sucks. Glad you didn’t jump in and then find them.. ��

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.