NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Water has been clear but FC has been near the minimum range and I got 0.5 CC over the weekend. I’ve attributed the low FC due to my CYA only being around 40-50 range and I’ve been adding slowly so I don’t overshoot. Now my CYA is 60-70 depending on my mood/vision but acceptable from what I gather. FC was 4 when CC was 0.5. I did the OCLT last night and got 5 in the evening then down to 4 this AM and CC 0.5. Technically this passes but I’m thinking of just keeping my SWG on the higher end for a couple of days to keep FC a bit higher. Any value to that? I think SLAMing is overkill for an otherwise clean pool.

Any value to that?
You passed the SLAM Process, so you should be algae-free. However but there's nothing preventing you from running a slightly elevated FC level for another day or two. Keep in mind the chlorine may be susceptible to quicker loss as the ratio of FC to CYA increases, but you can if you wish.

You should not keep the FC level near the bottom of what your acceptable levels are. One sunny day, or one grubby kid in the pool and your FC level will drop below minimum and you risk algae, or worse. Aim a couple of points over your bare minimum and this helps protect the pool from going too low. I'd take it up to 7 or so and let the SWG maintain it there.

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 6.52.35 AM.png

Thanks guys! Forgot to mention that my salt was 2500 so I added to get it to 3200. That may have contributed to my low FC as well during that time.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.