NUMBER OF LEDs

One of the quotes we had included nothing but those lower voltage, smaller LEDs throughout. They told me that for the price, they could install about 4 of them per large LED. Also, even though they were low voltage, they would light the pool brighter than the bigger brother lights because there were more of them.

We did not end up using that company, nor did we get to see those lights in person. Our current PB only recently heard of them at all. But if you want extra light it sounded like (from the pitch I got) that those could be a good supplement for you. At $1100 / light (given you're doing it after gunnite) it does seem a little expensive. The areas which would be darkest wouldn't be as visible from the decking so it's really only a choice you can make on the matter.

IMG_1436.jpg

My PB said he could install 2 SAVI Melody J lights for me, which appear to sync with the other JANDY lights I am getting. The manual to the SAVI states that it won't sync with any other lights as they have different colors than the SAVI Melody J, but my PB thinks they will sync with the Jandy since they have the identical color patterns. Anyone know?

I was going to install one on the sundeck and one across from the sundeck, but most people on this thread seem to suggest not putting a light facing the house. I am not sure if that advice applies to a small nicheless light, so would appreciate your thoughts. In the event it does, I am thinking of putting one about 1 foot to the right of the Sundeck and the other one foot to the left of the suneck and pointing them on an angle toward the middle of the pool. Any thoughts on that? As I indicated above, I have one large LED on one end of the pool and another on the other end, and one small nicheless inside the grotto (see picture of first post above).

Thanks

Looking good! I think you will always be better off facing lights away from the house and primary seating areas. That way there is no chance of glare or looking into a light bulb. Left and right of sundeck looks good from my view.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.