Number of Jets in 8x8 Spa

GoJackets

Apr 24, 2021
Atlanta, GA
We are building an 8x8 flush spa with our pool. Our PB has recommended 6 jets. Others I spoke with had priced 8. Our PB said the spa will function better with 6 and that we may need a different blower with 8. Any thoughts on this? I don’t anticipate that we will often have more than 6 people in the spa- usually just 2.

Specs:
*8’x8’ Custom spa flush with pool
*6 -1.5” Therapeutic jets
* Polaris 2hp blower
* Dual -anti vortex main drains
* (1) 120V LED light
* Tile spillover

We are building an 8x8 flush spa with our pool. Our PB has recommended 6 jets. Others I spoke with had priced 8. Our PB said the spa will function better with 6 and that we may need a different blower with 8. Any thoughts on this? I don’t anticipate that we will often have more than 6 people in the spa- usually just 2.

Specs:
*8’x8’ Custom spa flush with pool
*6 -1.5” Therapeutic jets
* Polaris 2hp blower
* Dual -anti vortex main drains
* (1) 120V LED light
* Tile spillover
I think you go with whatever number you would want, and how you intend to use it. We're in the process of finishing our pool build with an 8'x8' spa. Our pool builder told us that 1 pump would run up to 8 jets. We figure most of the time, it will be just two of us using it. Still, we went with 14 jets total. We're spreading the jets out and putting in "upper back" "lower back" "leg" and "foot" jet positions in various places within the spa. One seating spot as all four jet positions. One pump will run 8 jets, and other will run 6 jets plus water features on the pool.

I agree with ofcouncel, it should be what you want. We are planning on an 8’ interior dimension with 16 para jets, (therapy jets), and 4 foot jets using a 3HP Pentair VS pump for the first 10 jets, and a second 3HP Pentair VS pump, that normally runs my vanishing edge, if we need it for the other 10 jets.

Reactions: ofcounsel
I agree with ofcouncel, it should be what you want. We are planning on an 8’ interior dimension with 16 para jets, (therapy jets), and 4 foot jets using a 3HP Pentair VS pump for the first 10 jets, and a second 3HP Pentair VS pump, that normally runs my vanishing edge, if we need it for the other 10 jets.
Wow- that sounds like a lot more jets! I’m starting to be really concerned we will not have enough jet action if we go with only 6!

What you currently have speced is the standard PB offer. If you go a different route (which I recommend depending on what you want to get out of the spa) then you need to make sure your builder/plumber knows how to get the right amount of flow via the pump or pumps, diameter piping, etc... It was a learning experience for our builder and required some education and instruction from my part to make sure we got the desired outcome, just make sure your PB is experienced with more customized/complicated options.

For our 7x9 spa, We went with 6 “standard” spa returns (not really jets as they don’t have an air line) tied into the filtration/heater/chemicals. Then a separate IntelliFlo XF pump running 6 JetArrays (each array has 4 smaller inline jets). There are so many options depending how you want to use the spa. We wanted to be able to comfortably fit 8 people in the spa and everyone have some type of jet action. Perhaps you want to have 2 primary seating spots with jets for upper back, lower back, calves and feet like this design...

** Edit - never mind, I found your thread**

Wow, that is going to be quite the setup. It would be great to see a thread about your pool. That spa setup plus a vanishing edge sounds interesting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.