Now, how fresh is fresh water ?

SPP said:
Neoprene in water. OK me will test in a bath tub with city water and wear neoprene wetsuit and see how it taste. Later I will add to 0.5 FC ( since CYA is zero ) and see how it taste. This is possible as cause....

The test might be better if you left the suit in the tub a few hours - after all the pool water is not drained and any flavors could build up over a long time.

-sent with Tapatalk 2

UnderWaterVanya said:
SPP said:
Neoprene in water. OK me will test in a bath tub with city water and wear neoprene wetsuit and see how it taste. Later I will add to 0.5 FC ( since CYA is zero ) and see how it taste. This is possible as cause....

The test might be better if you left the suite in the tub a few hours - after all the pool water is not drained and any flavors could build up over a long time.

-sent with Tapatalk 2

OK Madam, will do that. Thanks for reminding......good one, yes !! :wave:
ADD : I will even do two test . 1 test with full size wetsuit , 1 more test with neoprene socks only to simulate size of neoprene against water quantity of bath tub vs pool.

Hi Chem,

Just to make sure you know I value highly your input, and will act as swiftly as I can, today ( 12 hours ago my time ) my friend's pool water was sent to the Lab again.

I requested to test for :

- Potassium
- Lithium
- calcium as calcium, and not CaCo3

Also asking them ( by showing them your calculation ) where/what/how are "missing" 491 PPM.
If they are any good, they will be able to decode what you meant and want to look for............me don't understand :mrgreen:

It will take approx a week, at least for the test/report to complete.
Will report back............... :party:

Knowledge is indeed power

PS..... I will be getting a 12 gram/hour German made UV based Ozone lamp. The ballast will be locally procured. That is 6 times more powerful than what I have now. Hopefully 30 more days I will get it. Its a demo unit, if it works for me, I buy it. If it doesn't, I give it back. Courtesy of my RO supplier. At this size, I can only use it at late night where no one use the pool, till say 5 AM.

Thanks
SP

Hi Gang,

After waiting for months and months, the Water Lab did not want ( ignored is a better word ) to do the test as per Chem Geek spec.

So I got sick of waiting and unfortunate natural disaster of flooding took place 17 - 22 Jan 2013 in Jakarta-Indonesia.
My pool got flooded.

I will related the story on a new post.
I have got the good water source I speak of and this is where the country's top mineral bottled water got their water too.
TDS measured at 64 PPM.

Will make new post soon. This water is VERY interesting and SUPERB.

Thanks to Chem Geek and the rest of the gang for spending time on this post.

Cheers..... :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.