Not understanding the lure of robotic cleaners..

Careful…….. they look to be circling. I’ve seen that once before.

For now they are still obeying my commands. But they will turn on me one day….. It will start with them demanding direct DC power, and I will respond with let them eat AC or solar. A revolution will form and I expect to loose my life on the robot guillotine.

Reactions: Newdude
For now they are still obeying my commands. But they will turn on me one day….. It will start with them demanding direct DC power, and I will respond with let them eat AC or solar. A revolution will form and I expect to loose my life on the robot guillotine.

I believe @MyAZPool is working on the SkyNet version for pool automation. As soon as SkyNet goes “live” you will deemed “unnecessary for pool care” and terminated.

Reactions: Newdude
Solarbreeze NX2 and SolarBreeze Ariel. Why have one when you can have two fight it out.
Nothing like watching 2 robots playing chicken.

now that is a robot I may consider. Most of my debris tends to stay on the surface and when I reduce my VSP for most of the day traditional skimming is not so good. Which one would you recommend for 15k gallon pool?

I got a robot mower about a month ago. Put up a partial fence next to the pool so it doesn't decide to get up and personal with my warrior se. No tellin' what kind of trouble they could brew up. :LOL:

Reactions: Plettschner
When I bought my house in 2010 the previous owner left me a Dolphin Diagnostic cleaner. It is old, made in Russia, perhaps 2001? It was built like a T-34 tank and finally gave out this year.

So the allure is not to suck up big leaves and stuff, you can rake those easily enough. The idea is to mostly get that grit up off the floor that you can't brush into the drain and need to bust out the vacuum for.

So now I need to get another robot, or perhaps look at the Polaris instead. Or just keep vacuuming.

The current lineup of Dolphins seems kind of dizzying to me, why so many to choose from?

I don't think there really is that many if you look at what they really do. And a lot are not currently available/in stock. That's why Margaret at Marina with her expertise is SO valuable.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This list isn't perfect, but it gives a pretty good run at which machines are the same, just different colors and sales channels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.