Not sure what to do. Pool is cloudy.

You need to KEEP the chlorine high. Once a day adding chlorine does not work for me when I have a swamp to clean. When I don't put the chlorine in often enough, it takes weeks to clear up. I usually start SLAM on Fridays so I have time to test frequently and add chlorine frequently. When I first started SLAMming, I felt like I was adding chlorine frequently, but I really wasn't. I went through a lot of the mixing powder and liquid to test the FC all day (it seemed like.) Now, I just keep adding chlorine, and start testing once it looks clear.

As long as you have organic matter in the pool, I think you will have problems, but the experts here can say for sure. You really must vacuum again and again consistently until the organic matter is gone (to waste). For the last two years, I scoop up the leaves, and use my Dolphin with ultra fine cartridges to clean the walls and bottom. I have a Whale Wall brush that I love, but I have not used it in two years. I can scrape the sides of the pool with it all around within 15-20 minutes. So, keep adding chlorine without letting the chlorine go below shock levels, keep brushing, and keep vacuuming. I use the CYA, TA, PH, FC/CC tests. Some of the chemicals are good for 1 year, some for 2 years, and some never degrade. Don't forget to always get pH in check BEFORE you SLAM. You might try adding stabilizer to keep your chlorine longer. Hang in there. It will happen.

No.... to the pool store junk. No floculants (sp?), no algaecide, etc. Just liquid chlorine with a good date, or good "plain" bleach. Are you using the pool math calculator?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.