Not sure if this is the right place.....

TexCin

Jul 6, 2008
Spring, Texas
My IG gunite pool has gray marks in several place, the worst being in the spa. You can't feel anything if you touch them, but they are unsightly. I've attached a picture....any thoughts on what this is and how to get rid of would be appreciated.

Cindy

Attachments

• pool.JPG
    pool.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 390
Wow. I'm not sure.....

Someone will be along tho.

I've seen it suggested to rub a crushed vitamin c tablet on the stain and if it fades, the stains are metal. Also with a chlorine puck, let it sit on the stain and if it fades, the stain is organic.

Hopefully if there is another suggestion for you someone will chime in.....

Welcome to TFP!

I have the same thing on my steps. After reading one of the posts about the vitamin C tab, I found some and rubbed on some places and just let the others dissolve. I was amazed at how the area that I just let it dissolve became brighter and no more streaks. So... I am going to do the ascorbic acid treatment I read on another thread (getting rid of pool stains). Hope that it gets better.

Thanks to all for your suggestions...I'm on my way next door to borrow a vit c tab. I also posted this in the Algae part of the forum just to make sure its not algae, but this sounds like a consensus here...I'll try the vit c and then the AA.

Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.