Not sure about this

You could probably get a local landscaper to do it for a couple hundred. This is something you'll only need to do once. Usually it's done by digging down the high side.

I wish that it only cost a couple hundred. I got a quote just to remove the grass for $1,400!!! That's not the whole yard, just where the pool was going. I ended up doing it myself.

UPDATE: Excavator came and leveled the ground. I put the pool up, put some water in, it's about 1" high compared to the opposite side. The area of "highness" is not large maybe 3 sq ft. CAll it good, and continue filling? Have him come back and scrape out the high spot (empty pool, move it, fix, move it back, fill, check level). I'd like to use this before summer is over :)

UPDATE: Excavator came and leveled the ground. I put the pool up, put some water in, it's about 1" high compared to the opposite side. The area of "highness" is not large maybe 3 sq ft. CAll it good, and continue filling? Have him come back and scrape out the high spot (empty pool, move it, fix, move it back, fill, check level). I'd like to use this before summer is over :)
He needs to make it level, and check while he is there!

Yes he did compacting of the soil. THe area where it's a bit high is very compact. I trusted his 30 yrs of experience. Frankly, I am quite frustrated and bummed by the whole thing at this point. It is just me doing all of this. To empty even 1" of water and move the pool is a huge amount of work. I have only a small shopvac to attempt to drain it. And he is uncertain as to when he can even get back over here, as he has other jobs scheduled. Oh and of course it rained after I spent 30 mins trying to drain some water. Any hints would be MUCH appreciated :)

Yes he did compacting of the soil. THe area where it's a bit high is very compact. I trusted his 30 yrs of experience. Frankly, I am quite frustrated and bummed by the whole thing at this point. It is just me doing all of this. To empty even 1" of water and move the pool is a huge amount of work. I have only a small shopvac to attempt to drain it. And he is uncertain as to when he can even get back over here, as he has other jobs scheduled. Oh and of course it rained after I spent 30 mins trying to drain some water. Any hints would be MUCH appreciated :)

How did he check for level? I would have put a long, straight, 8 foot 2x4 over various sections and check with a 4 foot level on the 2x4 to see how level it is. Other than that can you now put a concrete patio block under the low legs? to get to proper level?

If I paid someone else to do it, I’d be pretty mad if they didn’t do it right. If I did it myself, I would be ok with an inch off level, as long as there was no chance of the ground compacting further.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.