Not able to keep sanitizer level up

Sjde

Apr 29, 2016
Denver CO
Pool Size
Is this a far -fetched idea? We're noticing after we use the spa once, the bromine reading goes to 0. With a bromine tab floater I'd think that shouldn't happen. The spa isn't quite level and after use, we often have to add several inches of water. After a few times of that, could it be possible the bromine bank is depleted? (This is at a vacation rental that can have 6 guests there at a time , often staying 2-4 nights. It's not checked when they are there, just when they leave and I always check daily when i am staying there .)

On second thought I don’t think the problem is the bromide bank is being depleted.

I know if you have to add a lot of water ( like half a tub) then you may need to add calcium , which is normally, like bromide, only needed on a refill.

I am thinking the bromide bank isn’t being depleted because I just checked the calcium level and that was fine.

Welcome @Sjde !

Can you add the spa details to your signature please? Thanks!

I do not have personal experience with spa/bromide, but I do know you have to recharge it. I'll pull up some Pool School links for you :) Feel free to browse & search while you await replies :D

Sjde,
We get into our SPA every night. Once we get out, I give it a splash of chlorine to reactivate the Bromine. If I do not do this, mine goes to zero as well.

Sjde,
We get into our SPA every night. Once we get out, I give it a splash of chlorine to reactivate the Bromine. If I do not do this, mine goes to zero as well.
Good to know! We do leave containers with dichlor for guests , about 1 tsp, and ask that they put it in when they are done for the day. But many don't use it I've found.

Holydoc- If one adjusts the sanitizer every time before or after they get in the spa, is it not necessary to do anything additional on a weekly basis? Everything I read talks about shocking weekly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.