North Texas landscaping ideas needed

Wow - it's night and day from your first pic - I like those cobalt blue planters you have much better! It really mixes well with the blue tile and water - similar to our color scheme as well.

One thing I learned here in DFW is the value of having some kind of auto watering for your potted plants - if you have access to a water faucet behind your pool or a line with constant pressure a cheap timer and some of that 1/4" line and drippers go a long way towards keeping those planters looking good with minimal fuss. We ran an underground extra PVC line to various points around our patio when we put in or sprinklers - I tap our drippers off those lines - it's supplied through an extra sprinkler valve - that circuit runs 2x a day for a few minutes when it's really hot - keeps the pots nice and moist. To get to the middle of the patio I forced the line down into the relief cuts in the patio - hides them well.

Looks great! Love the planter bowls! What did you decide to put in them?
we are thinking about planting a hibiscus in each bowl. we have some sweet potato vines. might try adding some impatiens.
We added a drip line for the bowls during our sprinkler reroute, so that should help out on the watering.

Looks nice

In ground, 15x27, 80 feet perimeter, 3'6 to 5 feet deep, 13,000 gallons, 2 skimmers, 6 returns, Jandy VSP, Jandy DE 60, Jandy LXI, Nature 2 Ozone, 2 pool LED lights, 1 Spa LED light pebble tech aqua blue. Frisco,
Texas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks!
I planted elephant ear bulbs and wasnt sure if they would ever start growing. Some of them are now growing. There are also some canna lilies behind the wall. Hopefully by mid summer, all this will be a lot bigger.

I found these red plants - they're called firecracker fountain grass at Calloways's and have fallen in love with them - they are growing like crazy in the full sun all day. The second photo is the black knight cannas - they have also really done well so far!

Growth update:

View from behind the raised wall. The canna lilies are growing well. A friend gave us some hardy bananas to plant. After an initial shock from being transplanted they are showing good growth. I can't wait to see them growing over the raised wall.

I was surprised to see grass hoppers eating our palm fronds. I would have thought the fronds were too tough for them to eat. Maybe they are sharpening their teeth with them so they can take out the softer leaves in our landscape :mad:

737mech said:
I was surprised to see grass hoppers eating our palm fronds. I would have thought the fronds were too tough for them to eat.
Yep, they'll do that. Although we don't have a grasshopper problem around here, I have seen them chew through plastic mesh window screens.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.