Normal FC loss during day

After i test CH i will add some cal-hypo to raise my FC to 5 and at night raise it to slam level.

Yesterday in the evening i used the 25ml test and got the same 0.8 as today.
So it did not dropped

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I added 5oz of cal hypo which should have raised my FC to 5 but it only raised it to 2.6.i now added another 3 oz to raise another 2.5

Just wondering if i did something wrong using the pool calculator or is the chlorine being consumed that fast.
I added the 5oz and after (20-30) i tested the FC.

I use the pool calculator app

Ok just checked the FC again it's 3.5 and CC is 0
I have added a 3" trichlor tablet to help me keep the FC higher. I put it in the skimmer basket when the pump is running and when it's off i put it in the floater

Do u guys think i should still raise my FC to slam level and do the OCLT?

Yes, I would do the OCLT, but get your FC up to close to your SLAM level (16 ppm FC for 45 ppm cya per poolcalculator.com) before doing it.

TCJ4 said:
I have added a 3" trichlor tablet to help me keep the FC higher.
We don't recommend putting anything in the skimmer since that can cause high levels in the skimmer, pipes and equipment. In addition, keep in mind that each puck will add about 6 ppm cya to your pool.

Moving from CalHypo to trichlor is not the best choice. Using liquid chlorine will SLAM your pool faster and you don't need to worry about CYA additions or damage to your skimmer basket or pipes. You can simply turn on the pump and pour it slowly in front of the water as it returns to the pool.

To go from 3.5FC to 16 FC in a 5000 gallon pool that's about one 121 oz jug of Chlorox/Great Value Extra Strength bleach, $3.00 at Wal-Mart.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.