Noob pool owner

Kadirkadri

May 7, 2020
Long Island New York
Hello all. I am new to owning a pool. I recently purchased an intex 12’x24’ salt water pool.

I also recently purchased the TF TEST Kit after reading recommendations on TFP.

I also purchased the salt water measuring kit.

currently battling a green tint after heavy rain and a previousdays pool temperature of 88 degrees.

Hi Kadi, Welcome!!! Like NewDude said, this place is amazing. I am a new pool owner as well as have learned a lot from the info and awesome people on this site. Until you have the test kit and can provide your results, there may not be much to help with. Have you been adding Liquid Chlorine and any type of chlorine? How long has the pool been up and running? Any other info you think is relevant may help the pro's here give some interim solutions until you get your test kit. Good Luck! BTW, I'm on L.I. too...the weather stinks today, was hoping for another pool day :)

Hello and Welcome to TFP!

Take some time and read through SLAM Process and have a look at PoolMath.

When you get your test kit, run the tests and start a new thread. We will be happy to help you through the process.
The salt water chlorine generator (SWG) is great at make chlorine during normal pool use. However the SWG isn’t able to produce enough chlorine quickly for use during the SLAM Process. We recommend using liquid chlorine/ bleach at this time.
While you are waiting for the test kit, add 5ppm of chlorine each day. use Pool Math to figure out how much liquid chlorine to add.

Hello and Welcome to TFP!

Take some time and read through SLAM Process and have a look at PoolMath.

When you get your test kit, run the tests and start a new thread. We will be happy to help you through the process.
The salt water chlorine generator (SWG) is great at make chlorine during normal pool use. However the SWG isn’t able to produce enough chlorine quickly for use during the SLAM Process. We recommend using liquid chlorine/ bleach at this time.
While you are waiting for the test kit, add 5ppm of chlorine each day. use Pool Math to figure out how much liquid chlorine to add.

Thank you sir!