Noob build above ground

Drainage of the pool or the surrounding area? Pools don't need drains. You can get the water out of them when you need to in several other ways. No drains mean a safer pool, and less pipes and penetrations to fail. Easier to put together, too.

I mean the surrounding area. Pictured is 1 of the 4 supports and as you can see I already put agi in exactly the wrong spot.
I can either move the agi which will involve digging out agi, fill in trench, cutting more concrete to the left and right put agi back
OR
take agi out, fill in trench and not worry about it. I have been given advise from the pool shop that as it is flat and above ground, we can potentially just forget the agi and coat the outside of pool in fish oil to prevent rusting.

20210227_153209-min.jpg

I mean the surrounding area. 20210227_160253.jpg

Thanks Misty. I didn’t want to be the only idiot who didn’t know for once.

But the only stupid question is one not asked so I’m the idiot anyway. Whattayagonnado??? 🤣
I’m guessing the gravel/ crushed concrete/aggregate stuff.

Hey. First time building an above ground pool. Have some questions about drainage requirements. I have a feeling I am over thinking it. But that us why I am here
Welcome to TFP!!!! I’m an above ground pool owner with drainage issues too lol (swampy, uneven backyard....yuck!). We are going to address that in the spring, but you will get a wealth of information here!