Nicheless light replacement

Sseaman

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 6, 2013
Nashville, TN
When we built the pool in 2014 we installed 3 Jandy Pro Nicheless LED lights and all was good until late summer 2016 when the first one stopped working on the blue LED which cause most of the colors to look a little odd. We usually kept the lights on dark blue as it looked so nice at night. A couple weeks later a second light did the same thing. I changed them all to a green color which wasn't our favorite but still kept the pool lit up at night. I planned to replace them all this spring once the weather and water warmed up. The third light has now stopped with blue as well so they are call getting swapped. It looks like Jandy had updated their lights from what I originally installed but also looking at the S.R. Smith Treo lights. Anyone else have feedback on nicheless lights that have had good luck with?

All the nicheless lights have improved over the last few years. I have heard nothing about the SR Smith product.

If I were you I would call Jandy (and probably the PB too) and raise a stink about how they were selling an inferior defective product. See if they will replace for free. They have for others.

Let us know what happens.

Yeah Jandy doesn't like talking to owners. Though some manage to do it. Pentair has good nicheless lights and they do talk to owners. Check to see if the lights require professional installation to get more than a 60 day warranty

It looks like the Pentair lights require a larger hole than the other 2 manufacturers which would be a tougher retrofit. I'm leaning towards trying the Treo lights with the 3 year warranty and fact they responded to me when I contacted them for info.

We replaced all 3 lights this weekend with SR Smith Treo, it was a pain to get the cables pulled through but after a lot of dish soap we got them done and working. For being lower wattage than the original they seem brighter or we just got use to only having 1 light for the last 6 months.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.