Newly upgraded pump question

Jul 3, 2014
Spokane, WA
I hope this is in the right spot. Thanks to all that contribute to this site, I've learned a lot here. On to my question...

I just upgraded my Intex above ground pool pump/filter to what is now in my signature line below. I re-used the skimmer/filter basket so I could avoid cutting and removed the internals of the Intex pump so its just a go between and I hooked the Hayward pump line right to it. Everything seems to be working fine, finally ;) My question is the the return and intake lines are really close together. The new pump is moving a lot of water and causing a lot of current in the pool, this is great except it seems to be strong enough that its keeping things(bugs and grass) from entering the intake basket that my intake line is connected too. I've moved the return nozzle straight down which seems to minimize the current but its still to much of a draw that the suction from inside the basket doesn't seem able to do it's job. Is there anything else I can do aside from cutting the pool to relocate one of the lines? Should I just not worry about it? I can manually skim the bugs and grass but was hoping for more out of my new pump/filter combo. Any insight is appreciated. If more info is needed let me know and I will do my best. This is my first pool and I've only had it up about a month so I apologize in advance if I've used any wrong terms or left out any important info. I've attached a picture of the setup as it sits now.

65v14g.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.