Smedly

Jun 13, 2021
Birmingham AL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Recently bought a house with a pool. A pool company was handling all weekly service for the past owner and I continued up until about a month ago(they were not doing much and much of it was not right(I am using a Taylor 2006c kit).
I have been using only liquid chlorine and muriatic acid. The pool looks MUCH better now!
Question:
I am seeing about a 2ppm drop in FC a day which seems normal. However I am consistently having to add muriatic acid 31% 2 cups every 3 days to keep PH in range. No arriation. Is that normal??
FC=6, CC=0, PH=7.8, TA=70, Ca=300, CYA=50
One additional piece of info. There is a white coating on the pool assuming this is calcium deposits due to high PH.
Thank in advance for your help
Scott

Welcome to TFP! :wave: It does sound like the white coating you are seeing may be calcium. Your numbers above look very good. As for the acid, that's fairly close. Your TA may continue to fall a bit as you manage the pH, so a TA of 50 - 60 may help. No need to rush it, just let the acid treatments do the work. No lower than 50 though.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: It does sound like the white coating you are seeing may be calcium. Your numbers above look very good. As for the acid, that's fairly close. Your TA may continue to fall a bit as you manage the pH, so a TA of 50 - 60 may help. No need to rush it, just let the acid treatments do the work. No lower than 50 though.

Tha

Ok, good to know that is normal. thanks for the help👍🏻