g4string

Jan 31, 2022
Melissa TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Looking to buy vacuum for small rocks/pebbles and dirt/sand at the bottom of the pool. I don't mind brushing my pool, but I really dont want to Richard around with skimmer plates, hoses, and what not. I dont have a lot of trees in yard that drop leaves. However, I do have a magnolia that will occasionally drop a leaf here and there. Small debris is the main goal here. I'm getting ready to plant 3 eagleston holly's. Like the magnolia, they pretty much keep their leaves. There are so many options that I am spinning in circles trying to figure out what path to go down. I've seen pole mounted options, self contained battery robots, trolly robots, etc. I am not opposed to any option. There are a few things that are important to me

1 - warranty, has to have a strong warranty (and good customer service)
2 - budget is 1k'ish.....obviously less, the better
3 - prefer a self contained rechargeable Li-ion battery option.
4 - open to pole mount or robot.
5 - wall climbing is cool, but dont mind brushing

What bands would yall highly recommend? What brands would you recommend to stay away from? Any specific models you would recommend? Thanks for your help!!

Reactions: TeamFreddy
Any particular recommendations for this person
After having read many times that they talked a member out of a more expensive model, they did the same to my friend in the real world, using what he actually needed VS what he thought he needed as a newb.

Until I start reading stories saying otherwise, whatever they say goes in my book. :ROFLMAO:

Supply shortages may make availability a problem with what they'd like you to get, but they will give you those options as well. Wait for XYZ or get ABC today.

That all said, the dolphin S200 and it's entire fleet of rebranded sisters/clones is widely accepted here as best bang for the buck at $800.

My Pentair Warrior is the same as S200 but putting that Pentair label on it made it $699 last yr or so.

Margaret at Marina Pool & Spa is who you need to talk to. She knows which ones are the same basic model with different paint jobs and names. She won't disappoint you.

Maddie 🇺🇦

After having read many times that they talked a member out of a more expensive model, they did the same to my friend in the real world, using what he actually needed VS what he thought he needed as a newb.

Until I start reading stories saying otherwise, whatever they say goes in my book. :ROFLMAO:

Supply shortages may make availability a problem with what they'd like you to get, but they will give you those options as well. Wait for XYZ or get ABC today.

That all said, the dolphin S200 and it's entire fleet of rebranded sisters/clones is widely accepted here as best bang for the buck at $800.
Which models are the S200's rebranded sisters & clones?

Which models are the S200's rebranded sisters & clones?
There are many. The Pentair Warrior as Maddie suggested above, is one. We had a comparison list but it was older and I'm not sure how current it now is. Call Margaret/Seth. They'll tell you what is comparable to what, and what is exactly what, but with different stickers.

Found this online (plus others)
  • Pentair Prowler 920 = Dolphin Active 20 = Dolphin S200 = Dolphin Cayman = Dolphin Nautilus (2017 and Later) = Dolphin Proteus DX3 = Doheny's Saturn

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Why in the world do they have so many different models that are essentially the same thing
Some are so other companies, like Pentair, could resell them. Others like the Dohneys or Leslie's model were to set those stores apart having their own deal on the same thing. The rebates used to rotate and Marina would tell people that this one was $50 or $100 off this month when folks asked for a clone. Sales and rebates are kinda a thing of the past, but it is what it is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.