Julieanne88

Jun 7, 2021
Edmonton, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all, I just joined as I'm the new owner of a Coleman 13 ft round pool, 42 inches deep. I'm looking for some reassurance regarding levelling. I've got the pool set up with a couple of inches of water in the bottom. The ground isn't quite level, but I'm wondering if it's close enough. If I put tiles under the half the feet at the bottom end, the railings are all pretty much level. The tiles are about 1.5 to 2 inches thick (hard to tell how much of the footprint sinks into the ground). All the legs look pretty vertical. I'm not in a position to dig out the lawn (recovering from a herniated disc in my neck, don't have anyone else who can do it for me.) I'd say the lower half of the lawn is about 1-2 inches lower than top half. With the tiles under the lower feet, the water level appears to be fairly even. If this is going to be a problem, does anyone have any ideas for an easy fix? I was wondering about putting polystyrene just under the lower half, but then wondered if the edge would eventually lead to a rip in the liner. TIA. *Edited to add - I have old carpet that could be put underneath but I've heard that gets smelly. I have also read about adding sand, but not to level. Please advise!

IMG_5797.jpegIMG_5799.jpegIMG_5800.jpeg

Last edited:
The problem with putting tiles under some of the legs is that there is nothing keeping the non-tile supported legs from sinking into the soil under all that water weight. To be safe, your pool must be under two inches out of level all the way around.

The problem with putting tiles under some of the legs is that there is nothing keeping the non-tile supported legs from sinking into the soil under all that water weight. To be safe, your pool must be under two inches out of level all the way around.
Thanks for your reply. Do I understand correctly that if I put tiles under all the legs, and there's two inches of difference, that would be okay? I know you are saying "under two inches." This would be two inches. Any other solutions?

OR, what if instead of digging down half of the lawn, I just dug down so that each tile was embedded in the lawn on the top half of the pool. Would that work? I know that the pool liner will be uneven but at least all the legs would be level?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.