Newbie: My Backyard and photos

JimHusk

Jul 31, 2019
Cibolo TX
Photos attached. Pool built 2003. 15 (max, tapers to 8 and 11) X 29 pool, 6 deepest, 3 shallow. I think that's around 12500 gallons. Resurfacing with Quartzscape super blue and new tiles at the top. Waterfall on one side. Pentair SuperFlo VS pump. Polaris PB4-60 booster pump. Hayward Heat Pro Heat Pump heater. Hayward Pro sand filter. Aggregate pool deck, sealed with Home Depot Behr penetrating sealant and self-leveling caulk July 2019. Polaris 3900 and 280 cleaners, both run okay after some TLC. Currently paying 185/month for chemicals/cleaning weekly, but thinking of going saltwater after our resurfacing gets done and a month passes. Will probably start self-maintaining soon.

EquipmentCorner.jpg
EquipmentFront.jpg
EquipmentSide.jpg

Attachments

• Pool1.jpg
    Pool1.jpg
    797.9 KB · Views: 120
  • Pool2.jpg
    Pool2.jpg
    785.4 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: Divin Dave and Oly
Photos attached. Pool built 2003. 15 (max, tapers to 8 and 11) X 29 pool, 6 deepest, 3 shallow. I think that's around 12500 gallons. Resurfacing with Quartzscape super blue and new tiles at the top. Waterfall on one side. Pentair SuperFlo VS pump. Polaris PB4-60 booster pump. Hayward Heat Pro Heat Pump heater. Hayward Pro sand filter. Aggregate pool deck, sealed with Home Depot Behr penetrating sealant and self-leveling caulk July 2019. Polaris 3900 and 280 cleaners, both run okay after some TLC. Currently paying 185/month for chemicals/cleaning weekly, but thinking of going saltwater after our resurfacing gets done and a month passes. Will probably start self-maintaining soon.

View attachment 113520
View attachment 113521
View attachment 113522
WOW! That's a lot...especially for the SA area!

That's a monthly charge and they come each week. Was 150/month about a year ago, then the service sold out to Pinch a Penny. They increased the rate to 175/month. Now, they say it's going to 185. This is one of the reasons I'm joining this fine TFP group - to learn the best way to do it myself - and also to see if converting to salt water makes sense for me. I think it's less and easier maintenance and I don't mind cleaning/brushing myself.

Hello neighbor! :wave: Yeah, you're spending quite a bit. Typical expenditures should be on muriatic acid (~ $7 per gal) and liquid chlorine (~ $3 per gal) depending on where you buy them. Lately I've been getting both the acid and chlorine from Home Depot in the Forum. Decent price. The acid can handle the heat, and I wish the chlorine was indoors, but it's okay for now as I am a fellow jug-dumper. But with some TFP coaching, you should easily save close to ~$100 per month. Of course make sure you have a TF-100 test kit to be accurate. Enjoy the weekend. :swim:

And if you want to save a little more in electric bill then only use the VS pump for everything. You will need a little pluming but thats easy. If you sell your booster pump and both pressure cleaners, you can probably offset the cost of a robot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.