Newbie in Central Texas

bob49

Jul 7, 2020
Austin
This is my first time joining a forum. I have recently been a little frustrated because the local Leslie store had reading very different from my pool service. I wasn't sure who to trust ...I did see in the forum what people were saying about inaccurate pool store readings. I eventually want to do the testing and chemicals myself and move away from the pool service. I am thinking I will do his gradually. I have been researching test kits. I was looking at la motte Color Q pro but after research I have decided to use the Taylor 2005 (Taylor told me 2005 is better for a beginner than the 2006). Does anyone have a helpful opinion about that?

Quick profile: Originall from CT. Moved to Texas in 2017. Retired. Career working with emotionally disturbed adolescents. Daughter and grandchildren live very close by and are reasons we came to TX. The pool has been fantastic for grandkids (Ages 2 and 5)virulent. especially since the virus situation.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: The 2006 would've been the right choice, but that's okay. If you order the FAS-DPD portion, your 2005 will essentially become a 2006. You want that for accurate FC/CC testing. Other than that, make sure to review our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and those Vital Links below in my signature. Update your sig too please for future posts. This will all make sense to you soon. If you have any questions, just let us know.

Welcome to TFP from another fellow Texan. You will learn a lot here from people and about testing. I use the TF-100. I am pretty new to this, and the instructions that come with the kit are very easy, and there are also notes and videos. Don't be overwhelmed by the test kits. Once you are up to speed you will have testing at your finger tips and it will be very accurate. The links that Texas Splash shared will be a good place to start. Welcome to the forum. Harry

Welcome to TFP! :wave: The 2006 would've been the right choice, but that's okay. If you order the FAS-DPD portion, your 2005 will essentially become a 2006. You want that for accurate FC/CC testing. Other than that, make sure to review our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and those Vital Links below in my signature. Update your sig too please for future posts. This will all make sense to you soon. If you have any questions, just let us know.
Thanks for the welcome. I waited, read TFP forum and will take recommendation for 2006. Thanks

Reactions: Texas Splash