Newbie Don't know where to start

If the cover is like "mine" its not waterproof, but I guess you'd call it water resistant. If its sitting in/on the water it gets through and eventually equalizes at the pool water level, if it rains on it it fills up and sinks some but after a while it equalizes again (due to the spring tension) and the cover comes up some. When I took the blower to mine the water didn't have time to soak back thru before it blew off the edges. It does take a litle finesse to get it to "flow" right but once you figure it out it goes pretty quickly and if the spring tension on the tie-downs is strong enough you end up with the cover all above the water in the pool. And yeah, if there had been anybody else around they would've gotten plastered. I was behind the blower and still got pretty dirty, plus I was only dealing with water, leaves, small sticks, etc. General purpose "muck".

Best case scenario, which I doubt happening, the grass' roots are all on the surface and not through the cover and can be drug out with a rake. Blow out whats left and start removing the cover. Speaking of which, if you don't have any help it can still be done with some effort. You just have to start at one end, disconnect one "set" of tie-downs at a time (on opposite sides) working the cover back on top of the remaining sections.

Of course if you could get the pump running and vacuum to waste you could pull some of the water from the pool to get it down below the bottom of the cover and go at it that way.

Shoot, now that I'm a thinkin' about it, a few well-placed sticks o dynamite would blow ever' bit o that crud right on out of there! And iffin ya wanna save a step er two you can git yer truck backed up jusssst right and do sum high-tech figgerin' and you can blow it all outtin da pool and right inta the pickup bed. Yep it'll go! "Hey yall!, Watch dis sh**". :shock:

Well, autowizzard, I thought my foreclosed house with a pool was a swamp, but I think you trumped my four koi and scads of mosquito fish living in the pool. :lol:

But seriously, try to siphon off the water and rake off the grass first. That will lighten the load.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.