New Viking Montego in Riverside CA

My PB showed up yesterday morning with a roll of PVC flex, I said what are you going to do with that? His response was that he had plumbed hundreds of pools with flex and that you never want to use rigid because the fitting will crack as you compact the dirt around the pool. Needless to say he installed all rigid pipe. I am curious to know how many jets does a pipe/hp support is there a rule? I am going to install 8 jets on the seats of my pool will a 3 hp pump be able to push that down 70 feet of 2 inch pipe?

Thanks

Nick

My PB showed up yesterday morning with a roll of PVC flex, I said what are you going to do with that? His response was that he had plumbed hundreds of pools with flex and that you never want to use rigid because the fitting will crack as you compact the dirt around the pool. Needless to say he installed all rigid pipe. I am curious to know how many jets does a pipe/hp support is there a rule? I am going to install 8 jets on the seats of my pool will a 3 hp pump be able to push that down 70 feet of 2 inch pipe?

Thanks

Nick

Good call! Tell him to keep that flex pipe in his truck, obviously he doesn't understand that it's just not suited for underground use.

As for the jets, I'd upsize to larger pipe if it's a concern but I'm sure others here can better answer you on it. I have a 3 hp with a 50 ft run and 6 jets, my plumber used 2 1/2".

Passed my plumbing inspection today! so this weekend i will have water in the pool. I have to get the electrical panel in tomorrow
IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

this is what where my equipment pad is going before the retaining wall

IMG_2202.jpg

I still have to move the fence for the chicken coop a couple of feet but at least the equipment will be out of sight

ps if you look closely you can see my A_$_s(the equine kind)

pretty bummed, they had to drain some of the water from the pool today to re-level one corner about and inch low, the PB blamed it on the excavator but I am pretty sure it was because they only used 2 inches of sand vs 4 inches that viking says to use. We also had some discussion about how much was fair for my deck jets, the PB wanted to charge me 1170 for roughly 200 feet of 1 inch water and electrical(i purchased the laminar, and also the conduit) he said it took him almost a day and a half to install just the water portion, so i told him to hold off on the electrical portion as well as a plug i wanted to add. So my 9 year old and my 6 year old went out after work today and laid 400 feed of conduit, after we had to dig up part of the trench that the PB had buried. so the 3 of use did more in 3 hours in the dark than he claimed his four man crew did in a day and a half. But that is water under the bridge, we are way behind schedule but the PB says he wants to be all done 2 weeks from today, our contract said he was going to be done 4 weeks ago, I just want this headache to be over, i have to tell you i am not going to be too friendly to this guy on yelp et all when we are completed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.