Chicago, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pureline Crystal Pure 60,000
Fired up the new pump today, and there is a small/tiny leak at the bottom were the motor bolts into the pump/strainer housing.
I am assuming I need to take it apart and check the ring/seal (part number 14).
I have already snugged up all the connecting bolts
Pump was bought late last fall, self install so no warranty, (but I was able to get a decent rebate)

Looking at the parts diagram here. I see #14 (Housing O-Ring) PT#SPX3200T. I can’t find the connecting bolt torque specs, but if tightening them doesn't cure the issue, I’d say it’s worth checking on an inner gasket seal failure first. Such a young pump, is it getting rattled around a lot? Could be small debris made it past and is gunking up a inner seal. Had the earlier Tristar VS model and thankfully never had any issue, but I did create a poured concrete ‘paver’ base with carriage bolts set in the wet cement to anchor it down. I read awhile back that the cavitation can cause problems.

I anchored the plastic base to my concrete pad, then the pump to the base.
There is no vibration when running, no weird sounds, and have not noticed any cavitation issues.
Using skimmer socks, so not a whole lot of debris are getting to the pump
I was able to turn them about a 3/4 turn, so guessing something small might have gotten past and stuck in the seal before I tightened.
Will check the connecting bolts one more time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.