new to the group

Bozer4

Jul 11, 2019
Manteca ca
I'm doing a chemical startup on our new inground plaster pool. Looks like the first thing I need to do is purchase a test kit like the Taylor k2006c that I can perform FAS-DPD chlorine tests. I have the TA, pH, and CH levels where I want them but my test kit that came with my pool doesn't check FC levels where I want them. Lots of good info on this site and thanks for the help.
Brett

WELCOME! This site has been invaluable for me over the last few months. It’s often recommended to read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

What type or test are you using now?

Also, filling out your signature with your pool size, type, filter and test kit will help in the future as it will show up when you post and help people to better help you.

What are you using to add chlorine to the pool? Liquid/pucks?

Reactions: IceShadow
Hello, right now I'm using the test kit that came with the pool. It's called a poolstyle deluxe 5 way test kit. It just tests the basics so I ordered a Taylor k-2006 today. I've read the ABCs of pool water chemistry and it seems like liquid chlorine is the way to go. I'm going to add chlorine and liquid stabilizer tonight.

Reactions: IceShadow
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.