New to TFPC with a high maintenance pool

Jul 2, 2017
Cary, NC
My boyfriend grew up with a pool and I am new to having one. We have had this pool for 1/2 season last year and now this season. Our backyard has ALOT of trees and animals. Therefore our pool gets very dirty with debri and we have a lot of unwanted visitors. We are still renovating the house and making improvements. Hopefully we will be able to cut down some of these trees in the future and do some work around the pool also. Until then just trying to keep it somewhat manageable, which has proven to be difficult.

Welcome to TFP!

We also have lots of trees and lots of varmints. A few things make it more manageable.

When the trees are busy I run the VS pump 24x7 at 1100 rpm to keep debris skimmed and off the bottom. The pump uses 150 watts at 1100 rpm, at 10.25c/kWh it costs less than 12 bucks a month to run 24x7.

Plenty of chlorine and CYA. You'll want CYA at 50-60 to protect FC from the sun. Keep your FC at 9-10 or higher if you don't need to measure pH. The pH test is only good with FC up to 10. Chlorine is your friend, it is safe to swim with FC up to shock level for your CYA, [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA].

And a great robot. I got the Doheny's Discovery, same as the S200, Active20 and Triton. More here, Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club