New to TFP. Bought a Summer Waves 16' X 42" Quickset Wicker pool.

ithaclies

Jun 6, 2020
Cincinnati, Ohio
I'm hoping I can connect with other people that have a similar pool. I made the mistake of setting it on an uneven part of my backyard. This is my first time owning a pool so you'll have to forgive the rookie mistake. We're fielding quotes to get the yard leveled. Algae already started sitting in before I drained it even though we kept the chlorine in the dispenser so I gotta learn how to clean it before refilling it. Also, the cheap filter pump that came with it doesn't work much at all so I wonder if anyone has found a better pump to use on this 3800 gallon pool. Any input is welcome. Thanks

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 2
I don’t have an Easy Set, but once ground is level, I would fill it, then brush the walls and bottom while SLAMing, which shouldn’t take long at all because you’d be using new water and basically just making sure what you brush off the walls is dead. Have a look at Pool School to learn about SLAM. There is also a link to Seasonal Pools in Pool School. Just a note that the site is undergoing some maintenance right now so you may have to wait a bit.

For the filter/pump, the ones these pools come with are pretty awful. It depends on what type you want... sand? Cartridge? Just make sure the one you get is rated for the capacity of your pool, or maybe a bit more.

Hey Itha, and welcome to TFP! :wave: Yes, leveling is very important! Glad you're taking care of that this year.

Be sure to read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and browse Pool School. And you're going to have to do a SLAM Process on your pool when it's set up and full, so go ahead and order a good test kit. TFP recommends the TF-100 or the Taylor K-2006C, links in my signature below.

Make sure you have a pool brush with nylon bristles and a sturdy telescopic pole, because you'll be brushing the pool three times a day during the SLAM.

The pumps that come with these pools are notoriously underpowered, so it would probably be a good idea to look at a 0.5 hp pump filter combo for your pool. I have a 0.5 hp pump and a 12" sand filter on my 4024 gal pool, and it works just fine. A lot better than the dinky thing that came with the pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.