New to site: Don......Fighter of the Green pool.

Don, I would recommend you read the links people have provided. you are asking lots of questions, we are responding but you are ignoring the recommendations. You did all this work to lower your CYA, but now you keep dumping more and more of it into your pool with the tablets, etc. you are also wasting a lot of money. you live in Florida, like me, and we can get 10% chlorine refills from the pool store VERY cheaply. that's what you need. do not let the pool store test your water, they don't know what they are doing and if they test it they are going to recommend a bunch of stuff you don't need.

you need bleach/chlorine right now, and that's it.

you need to make a very important decision...are you going to go off of the pool store recommendations for clearing up your pool? or are you going to go with the TFP method? one method relies on constantly selling you stuff to make money, the other is based on science and no sales, just friendly people that want you to have a clear pool and keep it that way. You need to pick one method and go with it, trying to do both is going to frustrate you (and us). Personally I would go with the TFP method, but that's your decision. if you do go with our methods, you need to listen to the advice given and follow it. ask lots of questions, etc. not trying to be rude, but its frustrating reading thru this thread when you are getting good advice but not listening.

the pool store method got you to this point, just remember that

Just to clarify : No matter what the packaging is telling you, trichlor and dichlor *always* have cya in them.

Remember that it takes up to a week for cya additions to show on the cya test.

Definitely remove all solid forms of chlorine and test your cya again in 1 week as you may have a new higher cya to take into account when your new kit arrives and you begin your SLAM.

:)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.