New to owning a pool, this doohicky is squeaking...

kingofwhims

Oct 27, 2020
mesa
20201026_223709.jpg

It's squirting out a little bit of water every 6 seconds or so, and when it does, it makes a squeaking sound. At first I thought maybe a frog got in there, but then I remembered we don't really have frogs here. Any ideas? Water level too low? I don't even know what this thing does...

Here's a video with sound.

Thanks!

Last edited:

cowboycasey

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 3, 2013
Fletcher, OK
It sure looks like an auto fill device and it is adding water to the pool... you may have to change that part out but I do not think it will make much difference.. it will make noise every time it opens, its doing exactly the same thing as when you flush the toilet but 24 hours a day :)

RMcGirr83

Gold Supporter
Nov 19, 2018
Tuscola, TX
That is an auto fill device. We have the same type of one on our pool. Although it doesn't sound like that (that sound is the valve closing).

Arizonarob

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 25, 2018
Chandler Arizona
Yup, just your auto fill doing it’s job. Now if you come outside and it’s shooting 6ft in the air, well, it’s time to replace. :mrgreen:

Durangler

Jul 4, 2020
Peoria, AZ
It's a Korky toilet tank fill valve. Find the water shut off to it, note water level, unscrew valve and install new, set water level, turn water back on. They are about $10 at HD. Lots of YouTube instructions.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.