New tests need help

Do not aerate. Aerating brings pH up and we need to lower yours.
Oops, thanks
My home depot has kleen strip muriatic acid for 9.98 for 1 gallon in the paint section and pool section. Right beside the kleen strip in the pool section is a cardboard box with 2 gallons of HDX muriatic acid for 12.98 for 2 gallons. next time your at home depot check the pool section for HDX muriatic acid to see if you can save some money.
Thanks. They didn't have any in the pool section yesterday.

Actually I found a couple MSDS products for this product. One shows it as 20%, the other simply says < 30%.
I called the company and was told it is less than 29٪ and they do not recommend it for pools! They would not say why but referenced "trade secrets" for other ingredients. I am just going to get it at the pool store.

Trade secrets. Ha. We see that a lot. I always get my acid from Home Depot (HDX brand) in the outdoor section. A 2-pack for about $14 or so.
I got it at the hardware store, I just added for the first time.
I added 1/2 the math suggested. Start out slow as was recommended. Hope to see a drop from
PH 8
ALK 170

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.