New T-CELL-15 Instant Salt Reading Low

Yes everything looked new, but I did already have to have the front LCD panel of the Aquarite Pro replaced under warranty so maybe I got a defective unit. Hard to believe though that two separate pieces would have an issue. Unless the controller is the problem. I'll have to check the paperwork, boxes are long gone.

Can't seem to find it at the moment. My plumbing runs horizontal on the ground so if it's underneath it, I can't see it and when I stick my phone under there I don't see anything on the camera. I am sure it is there somewhere, I remember reading it to check something about it before I installed it.

Loosen the nuts and rotate the cell.

I sent some pictures of the average, instant and independent salt meter results to my local authorized service center. He's going to get in touch with Hayward and see what they say.

If I go by the simple math recommended on the TFP Hayward SWCG page by dividing the instant salt by the known good salt value, its below 75% and that would mean there's an issue somewhere. Actually comes out to 2400/3600=.666 = 66%.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Local guy called back and Hayward wanted me to try some things on my end before they send him out. Hayward said from the pics I sent, all the voltages and amps look good. First was if I had a variable speed pump, if it were on low it could have air in the cell. I do not have a variable speed pump though. Second thing is they want me to clean the cell with MA. Even though it was brand new, I installed it back in April and just got the controller up and running last month so I suppose there could be a buildup in it. I will give it a cleaning tomorrow once my cell stand comes in.

Do you see any deposits if you visually inspect it? I'll be interested to see if you get any fizzing on such a "young" cell.

I have not taken it out yet but will update when I do. There is a good chance there are deposits, just from the amount of calcium hardness I had used to get my CH up and I did it twice because I had to drain the pool to lower CYA. So even though it was installed in April, it was not on/running until two weeks ago but still had water flow through it the entire time since April.

It’s odd and suspicious that there is no serial number. Hayward always puts a serial number on the cell. I would contact Hayward directly to see what they say about it.

Where did you get the system?

It seems odd that your cell doesn't have the sticker with the serial number. That sticker would be on the fat end at the top of the curvature. Using your third photo, you'd expect to see it on the end to the right and at the top of the fat end where the cord come in. We should be able to see a portion of it in the photo but it's not there.

The sticker comes on the cell. If it's missing something's wrong. It's highly unlikely that Hayward sent a cell out without a sticker. The part that the sticker should be on comes off, but the sticker should be on there. I would send it back for a replacement and ask Hayward what their opinion is about the missing sticker.

Reactions: mguzzy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.