Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I have read that some people put the pool legs on cement blocks. The instructions just say to put straight on the ground. I turn to you guys for all the best pool advice! Should I put down the cement pavers against what the manual says?

If so, I read an article posted on another thread that they should be buried flush with the ground beside them. I Was wondering the reason for this because I would think that would make water gather in those spots.

I also have a tarp. Should the tarp set above the pavers under the bases of the legs? Help please/thanks!!

If you want to prevent sinking legs you should definitely use pavers (buried w/the tops flush to the leveled ground)
There will be no more water pooling in those areas than would otherwise- except you won’t have mud that your legs sink down into. If you don’t do this you risk the legs sinking, the pool becoming unlevel & too much pressure being in one place possibly causing a collapse.
I personally prefer to put the ground cloth around the legs this way as you are filling you can adjust the legs w/out ripping it & you can see your pavers. Then when full you can tuck the excess tarp around the bottom of the pool or use it to block weeds for landscaping etc.
The manual is living in lala land & assuming that every one has a perfectly level place in which to erect the pool (which is designed to be seasonal/temporary).
In reality for it to be level most people need to/ should level the ground 1st which creates mud later.
It’s also a lot of work to set them up so most people don’t take them down which definitely makes pavers a must. Also be sure to kill the grass 1st & then remove it if possible or else it will stink to high heaven.(guess how i know)

Reactions: Ebburns
Thank you for that info. Pavers it is! So to that effect it says to take it down (seasonal). I'm in Ohio and certainly get below freezing but with what others have said I'm thinking of throwing the dice for a leaving up. My Step-mom says the ice will puncture the liner and says it's a bladder pool. However, it says it's a metal frame pool so maybe there's a metal frame that wraps under the wicker lookalike liner. I'm not sure yet because we haven't unboxed it. But if we were able to leave standing for 3 summers that would be most amazing!

Okay that is a great idea about having the tarp be tucked around the surround of the pool or using as weed barrier as I don't know how fancy my surround will be. I think the ground leveling is gonna take all me and my husband have this year we'll see.

I have a line level and for the life of me I'm trying to understand the water tube level option. I've looked at several videos and I'm still not sure the easiest way. We have tilled the sod away. We will clean up then I'm sure have tons of work. High side goes down roughly 7-8 inches.

What is the best tool to dig out for pavers? How level does everything else need to be? Is it a matter of level the pavers, eyeball the rest as long as the linerr is meeting the ground it's a go? My husband is royally mad we didn't hire someone for this.

Thank you guys for any help for us total newbs/DIYers.

Thank you for that info. Pavers it is! So to that effect it says to take it down (seasonal). I'm in Ohio and certainly get below freezing but with what others have said I'm thinking of throwing the dice for a leaving up. My Step-mom says the ice will puncture the liner and says it's a bladder pool. However, it says it's a metal frame pool so maybe there's a metal frame that wraps under the wicker lookalike liner. I'm not sure yet because we haven't unboxed it. But if we were able to leave standing for 3 summers that would be most amazing!

Okay that is a great idea about having the tarp be tucked around the surround of the pool or using as weed barrier as I don't know how fancy my surround will be. I think the ground leveling is gonna take all me and my husband have this year we'll see.

I have a line level and for the life of me I'm trying to understand the water tube level option. I've looked at several videos and I'm still not sure the easiest way. We have tilled the sod away. We will clean up then I'm sure have tons of work. High side goes down roughly 7-8 inches.

What is the best tool to dig out for pavers? How level does everything else need to be? Is it a matter of level the pavers, eyeball the rest as long as the linerr is meeting the ground it's a go? My husband is royally mad we didn't hire someone for this.

Thank you guys for any help for us total newbs/DIYers.
I didn’t understand the water level until I actually made one. Then it was a big ‘ahh ha!’ moment for me. The water level made leveling the pavers so much easier. I also used a long level (think it’s called a Mason’s level) and a small level. The small level was 3 bucks at Harbor Freight and has a magnetic back. We used it to level the legs when we filled the pool. You want to make sure that your pavers are level to each other (the same height) and that each individual paver is level front to back and side to side. Make sure to buy the four inch thick concrete blocks. I found mine in the building department at Lowe’s, not the garden section where the pavers are. I found it easiest to dig with a garden trowel. That kept me from digging too deep and having to back fill a bunch. The pavers are important; take your time and do it right!

I didn’t understand the water level until I actually made one. Then it was a big ‘ahh ha!’ moment for me. The water level made leveling the pavers so much easier. I also used a long level (think it’s called a Mason’s level) and a small level. The small level was 3 bucks at Harbor Freight and has a magnetic back. We used it to level the legs when we filled the pool. You want to make sure that your pavers are level to each other (the same height) and that each individual paver is level front to back and side to side. Make sure to buy the four inch thick concrete blocks. I found mine in the building department at Lowe’s, not the garden section where the pavers are. I found it easiest to dig with a garden trowel. That kept me from digging too deep and having to back fill a bunch. The pavers are important; take your time and do it right!
Thank you! Oh wow 4 inch thick!? That sounds like a lot for my project. What about we buy the 1.5 inch thick?

How big is your pool?
An 18ft round pool at 52” is over 32 tonnes of weight in water. There can be considerable weight placed on the legs (and thus on the feet, hence recommendation for 4”thick pavers!)

Reactions: Ebburns
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.