New structure cracks just months after a big remodel and structure repaired

BB_Sacramento

Aug 14, 2015
sacramento/CA
If a pool owner has a major renovation having structural cracks repaired and new diamondbrite plaster, tile, deck, etc., then a few months later long structural cracks appear again, what can I do? We think the cause of the structure damage is the drought. Any advice? We've contacted the plaster company and someone is coming to see it soon, but I am curious about other opinions or advice.

I would imagine you are only covered as far as your contract warranty states. If that doesn't cover it, you could try to get insurance to cover if you believe you have a covered event.

Reactions: BB_Sacramento
Sorry I wasn't asking about who could pay for it, I was asking more about the practical issue of what to do if it is structural damage causing cracks in new plaster, what do other pool owners do? It's not cost-effective to have it torn apart again and re-done, especially if it might happen again - if it's caused by the drought. Do people get the cracks patched using color-matched diamondbrite so it looks nice? Or what else can be done? Realizing it might be a temporary fix if it is actually structural....

Sorry I wasn't asking about who could pay for it, I was asking more about the practical issue of what to do if it is structural damage causing cracks in new plaster, what do other pool owners do? It's not cost-effective to have it torn apart again and re-done, especially if it might happen again - if it's caused by the drought. Do people get the cracks patched using color-matched diamondbrite so it looks nice? Or what else can be done? Realizing it might be a temporary fix if it is actually structural....

Oh I see. If the movement cannot be stopped perhaps it can be converted to a liner pool.

Reactions: BB_Sacramento
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.