New spa, perplexed already

That only works if you have a water meter, not everyone has one. My well does not. ;)

It also only tells you the value at the very time you fill your tub. Then splash out, evaporation, etc happens.

Given the fact of the following:

Water volume changes
Chlorine concentration changes
With a standard test kit we are only measuring to 0.1 ppm

And given that

By using the small splash / larger splash and then test as needed method I can be pretty much spot on (within the limitations of the test)

There is really no use for me to break out the graduated cylinders, pipettes, gram scales, or other measuring equipment.

Not disparaging anybody who wants to do so, especially if it makes them more comfortable or it is an enjoyable process, I just don't find it necessary, given the results I can obtain otherwise.

Whatever method works for you and the time you have to spend on it. Like said earlier with ozone it doesn't matter much. You can overdose by double and it will just take an extra day or however depending on your ozone strength to dilute it to nothing. I have zero time anymore I fly by the seat of my pants when I remember or have a free min. Works for me

Reactions: RDspaguy
I’ve gotten the TA down to 50, and have boric acid on the way to get some borates in it, but honestly the ph has stayed fairly constant the last day or two, at 7.4, occasionally and temporarily at 7.6
+1 for TA50, boric acid and ph 7.4. We have a bullfrog x8 (480 gallons with ozonator). I thought I had balanced parameters when TA was at 90 but it turns out I was intentionally misreading the ph test to convince myself with the color matching that I had a lower ph, I was really stabilized at 8. Anyways...got the TA down with dry acid, ph holding at 7.4 jets off, 7.6/7 with jets on, and with the boric acid the water feels more comfortable. Now to your question about FC consumption after all that, I am seeing a trend of 1.25ppm per day (no soaks).

It also only tells you the value at the very time you fill your tub. Then splash out, evaporation, etc happens.

Given the fact of the following:

Water volume changes
Chlorine concentration changes
With a standard test kit we are only measuring to 0.1 ppm

And given that

By using the small splash / larger splash and then test as needed method I can be pretty much spot on (within the limitations of the test)

There is really no use for me to break out the graduated cylinders, pipettes, gram scales, or other measuring equipment.

Not disparaging anybody who wants to do so, especially if it makes them more comfortable or it is an enjoyable process, I just don't find it necessary, given the results I can obtain otherwise.
My chlorine is stored in the container with the graduated scale so I don’t have to get anything out except the chlorine!
And again no need for all the overthinking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.