TheFloydDroid

Jun 11, 2020
Windsor, Ontario
So I:
-snapped all the laterals in
-sat the center pipe snugly in the bottom of the Sand Filter
-placed the Centering Key (?) on the center pipe
-filled with water till the level was above the laterals
-began -+slowly+- filling with sand to avoid damaging the laterals (200lbs for Carvin 19 inch Laser Series Sand Filter)
-took off the Centering Key (?)
-attached the Multiport Assembly (put Jack's on the O ring)
-hooked up the skimmer to the pump and the outflow of the pump to the Sand Filter
-hooked up backwash and return jet pipes to the skimmer
-removed the rubber stopper from the return jet and the screw-in thingy from the skimmer
-turned Multiport valve to Filter and turned on the pump...nothing.

Waited for 10-20 seconds...finally the outflow hose of the pump blew off the Sand Filter with water shooting out. Shut off the pump, reattached the hose to the Sand Filter and set the Multiport valve to "Drain". It seemed to work fine. I set it to "Backwash", it was sucking in through the skimmer and flowing out the Backwash hose. Set it to "Whirlpool", it sucked in through the skimmer and pushed out the return jets. The pump was primed, no air--sucking in the skimmer, putting out through the return jet.

So I put the Multiport Assembly valve back to filter, turned on the pump, and...nothing. Let it run for 5 seconds then shut her down. Proceeded to swear angrily and left for work.

So now what?

No, I rechecked my connections. I messed them up. My old filter had the backwash MPV selector facing the backwash pipe, and the filter selector facing towards the filter pipe. This new filter had them mixed up. Plus the pump and filter are in a pump shed so it's dark in there and I was just "assuming" they were in the same position.

Ya, it made an Rear out of me. It's all good now and thanks again for the quick tips. I need to donate $10 to this site...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.