New quartz finish, after 1 week still not a lot of aggregate exposed.

@Staceyleah22 How did it turn out, how rough is the surface now? Lots of plaster dust? And how did you decide when to stop .. can you visually see the surface change?

I read some advice that says to use a separate pump, as to not damage your regular equipment ... but I also feel like just bypassing the heater and filter is good enough.

@Staceyleah22 How did it turn out, how rough is the surface now? Lots of plaster dust? And how did you decide when to stop .. can you visually see the surface change?

I read some advice that says to use a separate pump, as to not damage your regular equipment ... but I also feel like just bypassing the heater and filter is good enough.
Not too rough. We swam for the first time last night. There’s a gritty/sandy feel on the walls like some plaster (?) is still coming off.

The brush they sent for the acid wash had metal bristles. We are now using a normal nylon-bristle brush.

Yes, there was a ton of dust. Super cloudy at first. I can still see it in some places. It didn’t clear up until we started using a vacuum. I kept an eye on my pump pressure and it never climbed so I assume the dust didn’t plug them.

I’m still brushing daily because I can see dust and because of the feeling on the wall.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.