New Pro Series installed

I highly advise you look at getting the Sand Filter when you can. I've had mine up about two weeks, and with the stock filter running 6 hours a day it could just not keep up and my water was starting to cloud. Now, I do live in a rural area so lots of opportunity for organic matter to find it's way to the pool.. so YMMV. But from my research the stock pump is less than adequate and will eventually fail. You don't want to be stuck with a green pool while waiting on a new pump.

- - - Updated - - -

and btw 1.76lbs per sq inch doesn't sound like alot, but figure it per square foot and it's 250LBS a square foot... basically 51,000 lbs of water total. if I had to guess the weight on the legs is about 1000lbs on each one

There is not even close to 1000 lbs on each leg. The poles are not very strong and the plastic feet would not survive. The design of the pool is not that different from the blow up ring pool which has no poles.

There is not even close to 1000 lbs on each leg. The poles are not very strong and the plastic feet would not survive. The design of the pool is not that different from the blow up ring pool which has no poles.

I was basing the estimate on a square foot of water weight x4 feet deep. There is a significant amount of downward force on the ring and thus the leg itself. It is distributed across the pool, but duckcmdr brough up a good point about the curve, and that's a factor in the outward and downward forces. I'm not a physics guru so I don't know the specifics other than to say it feels like 1000LBS LOL :)

Also there is 7.5 roughly gallons of water in a cubic foot of water. so x8.5lbs x4 is about 254 lbs, so with the other forces duckcmdrs math is probably dang close to correct. or we're all wrong and maybe it's close to 200 ish pounds or more.

I'm tempted to get a scale under the leg! LOL

Pictures
pool11.JPG

pool21.JPG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.